Feeding your pet Food Fur Love raw pet food:
- Put the food in the freezer upon delivery
- The portions for the next day should be put in the refrigerator the day before to thaw
- Serve the thawed food in a porcelain, glass or stainless steel bowl
- Make sure your little one has fresh, filtered water
- Don’t worry if your pet doesn’t finish their portion, Food Fur Love raw pet food can keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 days after being thawed
- It is essential that you wash your pet’s food dish in hot soapy water after each meal
- You should feed your pet within 20 minutes of taking the thawed portion out of the refrigerator
Instructions for transitioning your pet to a raw food diet:
- A half a day to a full day of fasting with plenty of fresh water for them to drink is recommended to clean out the digestive system.
- Depending on size of dog, mix a teaspoon to a tablespoon of pure pumpkin (not the pie filling, make sure it is pure with pumpkin being the only ingredient) to help with any tummy upset that can happen when doing a diet transition.
- Give finicky eaters up to ten minutes before putting the food back in the refrigerator and trying again at the next meal time. Usually, within a day or two the animal will be ready to eat.
- We do not recommend starting out with completely cold food. Animals need a few days to transition. For the first 4-5 days, you can put the food in the microwave for 10 – 20 seconds or pan fry it for around the same amount of time.